Friday, April 16, 2010

New beginnings...again.

I booked my tickets to New York today. Albeit exciting, I'm always quite scared when attempting a new move to a foreign land. Not that there will be anything foreign about it. After spending time living as far as China, and France I'm quite used to culture shocks. As well as this I'm told there's something strangely familiar about every corner of NY from all the times it's been immortalised in my favourite films.

I'm scared because I am human, and humans are afraid of change. I like having a base; friendship and domiciles included. I also know every time I have moved to a new city or town I have learnt something from it. The move to France wasn't one completely based on a great job offer. It was one based around learning new skills, a woman and throwing myself at the other end of shallow. Have I enjoyed my time in France? Not always. Have I developed as a person, and become better for it? Definitely.

To anyone thinking of making a significant change; You know deep down whether that decision will be better off for you. Don't let short-term depression, home-sickness or un-familiarality stop you. It WILL enhance you as a person.

TP

wow, that was all a bit serious. Here's a joke for you kids..

A guy walks into a bar and asks if they serve woman, the bartender crosses his head and replies; "Sorry you have to bring your own"

until next time..




No comments:

Post a Comment