Monday, April 26, 2010

Milk & Honey London

Is occurs to me that my last blog had nothing to do with booze. Sorry about that. I guess when you call your blog "drinktheshitoutofit", it should have a general theme of alcohol. That brings me to today's blog. I was going to write about the great work the Jap's (Can I say that??) are doing with their whisky's, but I then stumbled upon a facebook group called "The Thinking Bartender". I like it. In particular, I like the discussion section. It's a good place for bartenders to share recipes and drink ideas. A good way of bringing the global bartending community into the same room.

I then found a thread on Milk & Honey, London. My old bar! One I worked at with industry greats such as Fraser Chapman, Phil Duffy, David Hobbs and Jonathan Cowley. Guys who are totally committed to making perfect drinks every time. The thread, dare i say it, pissed me off. I'm all for free speech, but if you are going to start a thread slagging off a bar, back it up with some facts. Or at the very least go there more than once. I had to retort. Click here to read the thread. You may have to join to join the group to read it. You should anyway, it's good.

I'm sure it's founder, George Sinclair - also the starter of this thread - is a nice guy. In fact we already have 30-something mutual face-friends. So no offence homie! I just get a bit uppity when people get 'all-up-in-my-shit' with places myself and peers put alot of work into.


2 comments:

  1. Haven't met George before Tim? Ask some friends mate...have fun!

    Additionally, I can attest to the cracking drinks and service that I enjoyed the shit out of at M+H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your reply to the thread Tim - very classy. :)

    ReplyDelete