Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Eat, drink, run, be merry..

I'm gunna let you in on a little secret about me. I'm fat. Yeah that's right, although to the eye, it doesn't seem like it. Im a big fatty. As a kid I gorged myself on whole family blocks of Cadbury dairy milk, battered sausages, Salt'n'Vinegar 'Samboy's and Boston buns. There's an inherant 'fat kid' mentality in anyone who was overweight as a child. A voice that sits inside their head that tells them they should put an extra knob of butter in that risotto because they KNOW it will taste better. It's the voice, of the same person that eats a dark chocolate Bounty 10 minutes before dinner when their housemates aren't looking. That's me. At the same time, I hate diets. I really loathe them. A great analogy is a good friend of mine who is resigned to the fact his urine is going to smell terrible for 8 weeks from the start of May. He doesn't care; Its British asparagus season, and he's gong to eattheshitoutofit while he can. Im the same. NO, im not going to choose skim milk for my mid-morning flat white. NO, i'm not going to buy chicken breast instead of thigh. NO, im not going to get a salad instead of the roasted pork belly. I don't care if its 'lower in calories', the latter tastes better! SO, that brings me to my decision to never say no to any of the good things in life. Life is too short to eat bad food and drink shit booze. (Saying that I do have a cheeky penchant for really cheap Tawny Port. Honestly I call it the 'Tawny Port challenge'. Go out, spend £4 on a bottle of cheap Tawny Port, I guarantee it will be great!)

HOWEVER! Life is about balance. Now i'm not talking about going out and doing class A's all weekend, then on monday morning drinking herbal tea. They don't cancel each other out im afraid. I know if I don't excercise and continue to eat whatever i want, im gong to get fat. Full stop.

SO>>>>*sorry for taking ages to get to my point*. Whilst in France i decided to eat what I want, at the same time I trained and ran a marathon. A lot of the food i ate, i'm going to miss. God, i'm gong to miss it. So my next blog is going to be a top 10 of the foods I ate whilst living in France.

Until then, eat, drink, run and be merry..

No comments:

Post a Comment